Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Friend Me, Makenzie-My Favorite Social Media

Friend Me, Makenzie        12 x 12 oil             SOLD


I have at LEAST 1500 friends.
At least that's what my social Media Accounts tell me!
One of my friends told me she heard a buzz out there that "blogging is dead". I think Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter started those rumors!
I have done BOTH blogging AND social media extensively....here's what I think... I LOVE the "friendships" I have built with Blogging, and my Google Group....Though sometimes I feel like I am "rambling"... I sense that Instagram and Twitter are like that big high school gathering where everyone has a clever comment, but no one listens, and CERTAINLY 
nobody "goes deep".... Have you ever traded quips with someone (usually an argument) and they walk into the room, snap a comment, and then run away before you can reply?....Twitter feels LIKE THAT! I DO like being able to post a picture on Instagram (though EVERY pic is cropped to a "square"...NOT good for some artwork...I like saying just a few words, posting the pic, and clicking a button that will send it SIMULTANEOUSLY to facebook AND Twitter (though, with no pic on Twitter, there is a link to the pic, if someone will click it, but I doubt they do :) So there! I will be doing it ALL while I make up my mind! :) WHAT SAY Y'ALL???

2 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I so agree! You rock. And this study is lovely.

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

Instagram is relatively new about the social networking scene. However, it's savored exponential advancement as it was designed in late 2010. see it here Unlike most other social networking sites although, Instagram concentrates on photo sharing, with several attributes that allow end users to use filters to pics right before sharing them on other social networking sites.