Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thou My Vision___60 x 40 demo at HP
 
This week I gave a little talk and did a demo for High School students at Hyde Park High in Austin.
My theme was about SYMOLISM in scripture. Mainly Light and COLOR (the colors of light and the color of pigment)....There is a lot of interesting symbolism in all of this, one of which is depicted with contrasts: Light and Dark, Sky and Scape, Flesh and Spirit. After speaking I did a 20 minute painting demo, accompanied by some music.
I painted this sideways (see below, and click the link to see a video that my friend, Bev made while there....some could'nt see the symbolism until the canvas was rotated...I LOVE when that happens :)
See the video clip
http://www.magisto.com/video/PVsFP14bRTQhTR5hCzE

NEXT DEMO is Wednesday, Nov. 20 at Joel's...see below!

 

***
UPCOMING EVENTS
***
NOW thru Nov. 24 -  AWA Show, RS Hanna Gallery, Fredericksburg, TX
Wednesday, November 20 - Chocolate & Chiaroscuro....and Holiday CHEER
an open studio event featuring V....Vaughan and Robin Cheers...and CHOCOLATE
at Joel's Coffee House, Austin




http://www.magisto.com/video/PVsFP14bRTQhTR5hCzE
 

2 comments:

Susavila said...

Hi! Your paintings are lovely!

cath said...

Magnifique j'aime beaucoup !