Sunday, November 03, 2013

Behind the Studio

Behind the Studio, St. Jo ___8x10 oil on panel
Last weekend was the first Annual (I hope!) plein air and gallery event in St. Jo, TX. Hosted by Davis & Blevins Gallery, which is the home place of great cowgirl artist,
Donna Howell-Sickles....the event was a big fundraiser for the Montague County Child Welfare Board, and I think a lot of money was raised with the art, auctions and galas. Of course for me and the other artists, it was all about "hanging" with other artists...some, my heros, like Donna. LOOK UP her work and see if it doesn't make you smile...She is one of those artists whose work is 100% unique, and can be identified just by it's style...I like that!
My painting above is the back of her studio and gallery on Main Street.

***
UPCOMING EVENTS
***
NOW thru Nov. 24 -  AWA Show, RS Hanna Gallery, Fredericksburg, TX
Wednesday, November 20 - Chocolate & Chiaroscuro....and Holiday CHEER
an open studio event featuring V....Vaughan and Robin Cheers...and CHOCOLATE
at Joel's Coffee House, Austin

 

No comments: