Monday, October 21, 2013

Yellow Horse Study

Yellow Horse Study__watercolor__available
 
I am catching my breath after a month of sadness.
THANK YOU, my friends for your continuing "hello, how are you" notes.
One thing I realized through losing my mom and then a brother-in-law, and then ONE MORE setback, is that it HELPS to spend some of the grief-time doing something that is enjoyable. For me that meant long visits with those closest to my heart. Yet, USUALLY I was not the one reaching out...You who came alongside KNOW WHO YOU ARE, and I WILL NEVER FORGET...
 
Doing artwork has also helped get me back to "life".
I gathered my works from the last month, and had to chuckle over what variety can spill out of a grieving, creative mind! From sensitive watercolors to irreverent tee shirt art!
The sketch above is a nice outcome from teaching a class...an upside-down watercolor demo like what I used to do for mom.
 
It has been YEARS since I designed a tee shirt! The shirt below is an idea I had after recently taking my usual walk in the neighborhood, getting LOST, somehow, then making the mistake of sharing my confusion with a dear old pal who still makes fun of me for it!
Ah, what are friends for, if not to cry with you, laugh with you and laugh AT you!
 

 
To Order this fun shirt click here or contact

No comments: